Greetings, Magento Enthusiasts! 👋
We’re excited to announce the arrival of Magento 2.4.7 beta version! 🚀
Adobe has just released the beta 1 version to all Adobe Commerce customers and partners, granting them early access before the general availability. This release incorporates over 140 fixes and enhancements in security, compliance, performance, and crucial quality aspects.
Now, let’s dive into the details of Adobe Commerce/Magento 2.4.7-beta1 release!
What is New in Magento 2.4.7?
On June 13, 2023, Adobe introduced the beta 1 version of (Adobe Commerce) Magento Open Source 2.4.7. It includes 140 enhancements and quality fixes in the core code of Magento 2, featuring:
- Security Enhancements
- Platform Improvements
- GraphQL Caching Enhancements
- Page Builder Enhancements
- PWA Studio
Key Highlights of Magento 2.4.7 Release
The beta 1 version of Adobe Commerce 2.4.7 and Magento Open Source 2.4.7 brings forth the following key highlights:
- 140+ Quality Fixes & Enhancements
- 13 Security Fixes & Enhancements
- Support for Varnish Cache 7.3 &
- RabbitMQ 3.11
- Improved GraphQL Caching Capabilities
- New Magento Open Source Extension Metapackage
Everything You Need to Know about Magento 2.4.7 Release
We are thrilled about the upcoming release of (Adobe Commerce) Magento Open Source 2.4.7. Here’s what Adobe has in store for the latest Magento version:
Magento (Adobe Commerce) is now more secure than ever with 13 fixes and improvements dedicated to security.
It addresses security vulnerabilities listed in the security bulletin APSB23-35, including critical vulnerabilities like cross-site scripting and XML Injection.
The default behavior of the existing REST endpoint has been modified.
Merchants can now restrict the rate for payment information transmitted through REST or GraphQL APIs.
Adobe has diligently worked on enhancing the platform with the latest security best practices.
Magento 2.4.7-beta1 introduces support for:
Composer 2.5.x (Composer 2.2.x support remains)
Varnish Cache 7.3
Furthermore, this release updates outdated libraries to their latest versions, including moment.js, jQuery UI, and jQuery.
The Magento 2.4.7 release introduces improved caching and support for custom attributes.
It enhances GraphQL caching capabilities, resulting in improved page load speed.
The parser method is now called only once instead of three times, leading to better performance.
Page Builder & PWA Studio
Magento 2.4.7 brings support for Page Builder v1.7.4 and PWA Studio v13.2.x.
PWA Studio has undergone accessibility improvements and bug fixes.
Major Issues Fixed in Magento 2.4.7
- Fixes the MySQL memory limit-reached error during Magento upgrade command.
- Addresses issues related to Magento database backup.
- Resolves the problem of duplicate SKUs during bundle product import.
- Fixes page caching issues for parent products.
- Addresses issues with guest API requests for shipping information.
- Corrects product thumbnail image problems in product stock alert emails.
- Ensures proper functioning of price-drop notifications.
- Enables support for GIF images in the product image gallery as intended.
- Ensures catalog rules work correctly in a multi-website environment.
- Adds translation support for stock and price alert emails.
- Fixes issues related to Google reCAPTCHA in the checkout workflow.
In the end
Magento Open Source 2.4.7 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.7 will be launched with comprehensive features, enhanced security, and significant bug fixes. To benefit from these new additions, upgrade your magento store with us.
Prepare for the release of Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta2 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.7-beta2, scheduled for October 10, 2023. Stay connected with us for the latest updates on Magento news.